This is most commonly carried out for litigation or for information purposes
This could include:
- Translation of Prior art documents
- Translation of Office actions
- Translation of Opposition proceedings and correspondence
- Translation of Written opinions of international searching authorities
We can also provide translation summaries at a lower cost, if need be.
Proofing an IP translation
The proofreader’s remit is to work closely with the original translator and check the final, translated document against the original material to ensure:
1. Accuracy against the original patent extract
2. Consistency of terminology and style
3. No grammatical or spelling errors
4. Use of appropriate patent terminology
A third proofing is carried out by the Project Manager at PTI (Patent Translations International) to check small but important details, such as page numbering, reference numbers and formatting. The Project Manager will also be your point of contact throughout the IP translation job and is there to monitor deadlines and budgets on behalf of the client.
The completed patent translation is returned in the client’s chosen format, usually by electronic transfer (email/secure FTP) or disk and bound hard copy. All legal translations may carry a written certification, witnessed by a solicitor if required.
We're Here To Help!
Patent Translations International
The Old Smithy
19b Hart Street
Oxon RG9 2AR
+44 (0) 1491 411 667